CDS Exam 2021, Full Form, Date, Eligibility, Age limit, Syllabus, Paper Pattern, Application Form, Admit Card Download, Vacancy, Selection Procedure, Result, Cut off, Salary, Allowance
Union Public Service Commission in India conducts Combined defence Services(CDS) exam twice every year. The objective of CDS exam is to recruit candidates for Indian Air Force Academy, Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy and Indian Naval Academy. Candidates initially gives a written test followed by an interview on selection. Through this article, we will provide you all the details of the CDS exam including eligibility criteria, selection process, vacancies, syllabus and more.
CDS Exam 2021
|Name of the exam||Combined Defence Services(CDS) Examinations|
|Conducted by||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Frequency||Twice a year|
|Application fee||INR 200|
|Number of vacancies||400 approx|
|Phone Number||011-23098543/ 23385271/ 23381125/ 23098591|
What is CDS (i) and (ii) Exam
CDS stands for Combined Defence Services. The CDS exam is conducted twice a year. Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) conducts it to recruit candidates for Indian Air Force Academy, Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy and Indian Naval Academy. The candidates appearing for CDS examination go through written examination followed by an interview for personality and intelligence test.
Notification for the CDS exam is released every twice a year in the months of August and October. Around 400 vacancies are provided for the appearing candidates. However the number of vacancies may change at any later stage by the Union public Service Commission.
CDS (ii) Exam and Other Important Dates
if you want to know the dates for CDS 2 exam, then we have provided you with all the information below:
- The notification for CDS 2 exam 2021 was released on August 4, 2021.
- Last date to apply for the CDS(II) examination was on August 24, 2021.
- CDS(II) exam will be conducted on November 14, 2021.
- The result date for the conducted exam will be declared in the month of December, 2021.
There are a total of 339 vacancies for CDS(II) exam and a total of 19 for the Reserved NCC. Here are the details of all the categories of CDS(II) exam:
- In the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, there are 22 vacancies and 02 seats are reserved for NCC Vacancies.
- There are 100 vacancies for the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun. Around 13 vacancies are fixed for the Reserved NCC.
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad has 32 vacancies and 03 seats are reserved for NCC.
- Officers’ Training Academy(Women), Chennai, has 16 vacancies and no seats for the Reserved NCC.
- Officers’ Training Academy(Men), Chennai has 169 vacancies and Nil Reserved NCC vacancies.
CDS (ii) Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for CDS (ii) are mentioned below:
- Candidates must be a permanent citizen of India. Candidates who have settled in India on a permanent basis can apply for this examination.
- Candidates must be a graduate or they should be at least appearing in the final year/semester.
- The minimum age of the candidates must be 19 years.
- Candidates who are BTech graduates can also apply for INA, AFA and IMA.
- Women candidates are only eligible to apply for OTA.
- Candidates (both men and women) must fulfill the criteria of physical standards fixed by the Union Public Service Commission.
CDS (ii) Application Form
To apply for the CDS 2 examination the candidates are required to follow the following steps:
- Firstly, go to the official website and then click on the option “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC’.
- On the official website page, the candidates must click the part I option to click the Combined Defence Services Examination (II).
- The candidates must read all the instructions carefully.
- After this, the candidates will be able to see the application form on their screen.
- the next step will require the candidates to fill in the contact details and personal information.
- Then, the candidates must choose their preference on the basis of their age and notification.
- Registration id of the candidates will be generated after the above step.
- you must fill all the information properly in the part one form and then you can start filling the application form for the part 2.
- You must remember to pay the application fees in order to complete the application form filling up process.
- After the candidates are done with the payment process, they can fill their desired examination centre.
- The next step would be uploading the scanned copy of the photograph and signature. Take care of the required dimensions and size of the photograph.
- After filling in all the details properly, candidates must click on the ‘Submit’ option.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form for future reference.
CDS Application Fees
- For the general category students, the fees for CDS 2 exam is INR 200.
- There are no application fees for the females/SC/ST.
- Candidates can opt for both online and offline mode in order to pay for the application.
- For online payment mode, the candidates can choose debit card, net banking or mastercard.
- For offline mode of payment, candidates can deposit the required fees in any SBI branch.
CDS (ii) Selection Process
The selection process of the candidates based on the written examination followed by an interview. Once the candidates are selected in the written examination, they will be called for an interview for an intelligence and personality test. The candidates will also go through the document verification and medical tests. Selected candidates in the interview will be placed at the academies on the basis of their merit and preference.
CDS (ii) Admit Card Download
in order to download the admit card for CDS 2 examination, the candidates must follow the following steps:
- The first step includes visiting the official website.
- Then, the candidates must click on the admit card link visible on the homepage of the official website of UPSC.
- Then, the candidates can either download using the registration number or roll number.
- The candidates will then be able to see the CDS admit card on the screen .
- Then, download the admit card and also take a printout of it.
CDS (ii) Exam Centers
Here is the complete list of exam centres for the CDS 2 exam. The link contains information regarding the exam centres. the candidates will be able to see all the exam centres are arranged alphabetically in the order. Here is the link:
CDS (ii) Exam Pattern
- The exam pattern for CDS 2 2021 includes three sections for Indian Navy, Indian Military and Air Force Academy exams.
- On the other hand, the Officers’ Training Academy exam is divided into two sections and the exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
- The exam pattern for Indian naval Academy, Indian Air Force and Indian military Academy will consist of three papers. The total marks for the papers will be 300.
- The exam pattern for Officers’ training academy(OTA) will include two subjects. The total marks for the examination will be 200. The examination will be conducted for 4 hours.
CDS (ii) Syllabus
In order to prepare for the CDS 2 examination, the candidates must no the the correct syllabu. the candidates who want to appear for the CDS 2 examination can go through the link below:
CDS (ii) Study Material
We have provided the candidates with a link for the CDS 2 exam. The candidates can go through the provided link in order to check for the study material for every subject required to appear for the examination.
Here is the link:
CDS (ii) Result and Cut Off
Results for CDS 2 examination will be announced on the official website. the candidates can go to the official website and check the results online.
In order to check the cutoff for CDS 2 examination, the candidates can go through the provided link. Here is the link:
CDS (ii) Salary and Allowance
After selection, the per month salary of a lieutenant will be 56,100- 1,77,500/- per month. During an ongoing training, the candidates will be given a stipend of INR 56,100 per month.
Lieutenant to brigadier officers will get a fixed military Service pay of INR 15,500 per month.
Q : What does CDS stand for?
Ans : Combined Defence Services.
Q : Can we receive our CDS admit card just after submitting the application form?
Ans : No. The admit card for the CDS examination is released three weeks before the exam.
Q : Is it mandatory to carry a photo identity proof to the exam center?
Ans : Yes.
Q : Who conducts the CDS exam?
Ans : The Union Public Service Commission.
Q : What is the frequency of CDS examinations?
Ans : Twice a year.