Dancing on Ice is a British television series in which celebrities and their partners represent figure skating in front of judges. One of the Dancing on Ice stars, Ian ‘H’ Watkins, recently said that Dancing on Ice is the “most dangerous show on television”.
‘H’ Watkins participated in the show in 2020 with his partner, skater Matt Evers. That was the first same-sex partnership on the show. In an interview, he said the show is the most dangerous one. ‘H’ compared the show with the Strictly [Come Dancing] show and said, “You can put a blade on the ice, fall and break your leg” in Dancing on Ice, which is more dangerous and technical than Strictly.
“H” got eliminated in the fifth week of the 12th series on Dancing on Ice. From the start to the day of elimination, he escaped the show without major injuries. But the other participants, like Michael Underwood, Michael Barrymore and Connor Ball, have all suffered major injuries.
The 15th series of the Dancing on Ice show will be in 2023, and the casting announcements of the show are complete with the last member, Siva Kaneswaran. He is taking training to compete in the show, and during an interview, he revealed that he is trying to remember all the moves and enjoying his training. He also said that he had never skated before. Let’s now explore the life of Dancing on Ice star Ian ‘H’ Watkins, who sets history in the show by forming the first same-sex partnership. Ian ‘H’ Watkins is a Welsh singer and actor. He is also a member of the British pop group Steps.
Biography of Ian ‘H’ Watkins
|Full Name||Ian ‘H’ Watkins|
|Birth Date||May 8, 1976|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Hobbies||Eating and swimming|
|Net Worth||$1 million to $5 million|
Birth and Early life details of Ian ‘H’ Watkins
- Watkins was born on May 8, 1976.
- He was born in Llwynypia, Mid Glamorgan, Wales
- Watkins is professionally known as H because of his energetic character.
- During an interview on January 3, 2007, he came out as Gay.
- The interview was published the day he entered the Celebrity Big Brother house.
- At first, Watkins was in a relationship with Tim Byrne, manager of the British pop group Steps.
- But from 2007 to 2017, he was in a relationship with Craig Ryder.
- “H” became the father of two twin sons, Macsen and Cybi Ryder-Watkins, on March 6, 2016.
Career Highlights of Ian ‘H’ Watkins
- The journey of Watkins’ career started when he became a member of the British pop group Steps in May 1997.
- From 1997 to 2001, the Steps group achieved a series of charting singles.
- After the Steps split in 2001, “H” joined hands with ex-Steps member Claire Richards and formed a duo, H & Claire.
- When he separated from H & Claire, Watkins took a musical theatre course at the Royal Academy of Music.
- During his course, he also decided to start his acting career and filmed for a reality TV series, H-side Story.
- “H” then performed at Preston’s Charter Theatre in the pantomime Cinderella.
- In 2006, Watkins was featured on the BBC Children in Need Celebrity Scissorhands show.
- He also appeared in the West End version of Fame in 2007.
- He then presented a documentary on BBC One in 2008, which was about growing up Gay in Wales.
- Watkins also participated in Bargain Hunt Famous Finds in December 2008.
- From 2009 to 2010, Watkins played the role of ‘Silly Billy’ in the pantomime Jack & The Beanstalk at the Southport Theatre.
- In 2010, he also appeared in the Living TV series Party Wars.
- Watkins participated in an ITV quiz show, The Chase, in 2013 and the twelfth series of the ITV series Dancing on Ice in 2020.
Let’s have a look at physical appearance of “H”:
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
Ian ‘H’ Watkins Net Worth
The estimated Net Worth of Watkins is approximately $1 million to $5 million.
|Net Worth||$1 million- $5 million|
|Source of Income||Singing and Acting|
Zombies Star lands Supergirl role in Legion of Super-Heroes
Is dancing on Ice the most dangerous show on TV?
According to Ian ‘H’ Watkins, the show is the most dangerous show.
Where is Ian ‘H’ Watkins from?
Llwynypia, Wales, United Kingdom.
How old is Ian Watkins?
Why is H called H?
The word in Ian ‘H’ Watkins represents hyperactive nature of Ian Watkins.