Kerala Support Scheme 2021 for Children who lost their parents to COVID, Online Apply, Eligibility, Toll free Number, Official Website, Documents
COVID-19 has affected all the sections of Indian society including economy, Infrastructure and Medical healthcare. On one hand its effect can be seen in terms of mortality rates, poverty and employment. While the adverse effect can clearly be felt among children who lost their parents to COVID. The Indian government is trying its best to support children in their tough times. The Kerala government has taken one such positive step for the children of the state. The initiative to help the children who lost their parents to covid is really appreciated.
Kerala Support Scheme 2021 for Children
|Name of the scheme||Kerala Support Scheme 2021 for Children (Official name is not yet declared)|
|The launch||May, 2021|
|Launched by||The State Government of Kerala|
|Beneficiaries||Children of Kerala who lost both their parents to COVID-19|
|Official website||Not yet declared|
|Toll free number||Not yet declared|
Kerala Support Scheme for Children Objective
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the children who lost both their parents/guardians to Covid. It is for the welfare of each child who lost their support system. With the objective, the education expenses will be sanctioned directly to the educational institutions of those children(till graduation).
Kerala Support Scheme for Children Features
Scheme Beneficiaries –
Through this scheme, the state(Kerala) government will give financial help to the children. The government will incur all the expenses of the child till the graduation period along with their welfare. The expenses of the education will directly be sanctioned to their educational institutions.
Amount included in the aid –
The state government has issued ₹3.2 crores of financial assistance for the children who fall under the scheme. One time financial assistance of ₹3 lakh fixed deposit will be sanctioned. Also, a monthly payment of ₹2,000 will be deposited to the bank accounts of the child or the current guardian.
Time-period of the assistance –
The financial help will be given till the child turns 18. They can withdraw the one-time assistance of ₹3 lakh after they turn 18. However, the children can withdraw the interest anytime at the time of requirement.
Kerala Support Scheme for Children Eligibility
The eligibility criteria of this scheme includes the following aspects:
- Citizen of kerala : The benefit of this scheme will be given only to the children who belong to the state of Kerala.
- Assistance(orphans) under varied circumstances : This will be regardless of the income limit or other guidelines. Under the scheme, the circumstances include:
- The children who lost both parents to Covid or the parents who were initially negative but later died within three months are eligible.
- Another criteria is for the children who lost one parent earlier and lost their remaining parent to Covid later are also eligible.
- The children who had been abandoned by one parent and lost the remaining parent to the disease of Covid.
- Another criteria is for the children whose parents had died earlier or were abandoned by them and living with their relatives but lost their relatives too.
- Families already receiving pensions from the government as the government officials will not be eligible for the scheme.
- Also, the families who do not want the financial assistance and inform the same in writing will not be given help. However, they can rejoin the scheme before the child turns 18. They can surely get the benefit of the remaining period.
- Age Limit : The financial assistance will be given till the child turns 18.
Kerala Support Scheme for Children Documents
The beneficiaries of the scheme requires the following documents:
- Domicile certificate : The scheme will provide financial assistance to the children who belong to the state of Kerala. Showing a domicile certificate will be required at the time of applying for the benefit. They can also provide their address proof.
- Death certificate : The beneficiaries will be required to show the death certificates of their parents/guardians after their death. They need to show information regarding the death to covid. They also have to show the death certificate if both parents died earlier and the child is living with the relatives and lost the remaining guardians too.
- Age certificate: The benefit of applying for the one-time amount of ₹3 lakh will be given to the children when they turn 18. For this, children will have to show their age certificate.
Kerala Support Scheme for Children Application Process
There is no official information shared regarding the application of the scheme. The Kerala government will soon declare it and we will update you with the same once it happens. We request you to stay in tune with the updates to acquire information on time.
Kerala Support Scheme for Children Official Website
The state government will provide an official website for the benefit. However, there is no official information shared regarding the same. It is yet to be declared for usage. We will soon update you with the information once the declaration happens.
Kerala Support Scheme for Children Toll-free Helpline Number
You may be required to wait until the toll-free number gets updated. It is because the toll-free number is not yet declared officially but will be updated soon.
It is a great initiative taken by the State government of Kerala. This will ensure a complete welfare of the children who lost both their parents to covid. The Indian government is also taking fruitful steps holistically for the children of the country. Such initiatives are a must for the healthy and sustainable future of this developing nation.
Q : Who launched this Kerala Children Support scheme of financial assistance?
Ans : The state government of kerala.
Q : Is the Kerala Children Support scheme beneficial for all the children of Kerala?
Ans : No, it is only for the children who lost both of their parents to covid.
Q : How will the Kerala Children Support scheme work in order to give the benefit?
Ans : The state government will declare the information soon.
Q : How long will the benefit be given to the children?
Ans : Till the children turn 18.
Q : Will the amount be transferred to the bank accounts of children/guardians?
Ans : Yes.
Other Links –