Lakshya Sen Biography (career, date of birth, birth place, mother, father, girlfriend, background, role, height, coach, achivements, age)
Lakshya Sen is a young badminton star who has made India proud by winning an Indian Open men’s title by defeating world champion, Loh Kean Yew. He is the first Indian to do so. This 20-year-old badminton player has made India proud several times too. Let us go through the article to know more about Lakshya Sen and his incredible journey with badminton.
Lakshya Sen Biography
|Full Name||Lakshya Sen|
|Date of birth||16 August 2001|
|Place of birth||Almora, Uttarakhand|
|Mother’s name||Nirmala Sen|
|Father’s name||DK Sen|
|Coach||Vimal Kumar, Prakash Padukone, D K Sen|
Family Background of Lakshya Sen
Lakshya Sen comes from a family which is associated with badminton. He was born on 16 August 2001 in Almora. His family is native to Uttarakhand. His mother Nirmala Sen is a school teacher. Lakshya’s father Mr. DK Sen is a national badminton coach while Lakshya’s brother Chirag Sen is an international badminton player. Sen started playing badminton at a very young age. His family extended full support to shape Lakshya’s career. Lakshya is trained at Prakash Padukone Badminton Academy.
Achievements of Lakshya Sen
- Lakshya won a bronze model at Asian Junior Championships (2016). Here he defeated Juniors World Number 1.
- Lakshya Sen won his first international medal ( senior-level) in Sats India International Series in Hyderabad.
- In 2017 Lakshya won India International Series and Eurasian Bulgarian Open.
- In 2018 he won the Asian Junior Championship title. Here he defeated world no 1 Kunlavut Vitidsarn.
- Won a bronze medal in the Asia Team Championship,2020.
- In 2022 he defeated world champion Loh Kean Yew to win an Indian Open Men’s singles title.
Vimal kumar, Prakash Padukone
20 years old.