Manipur Free Smartphone (e-Support) Scheme 2021, Online Registration, Form, Free Mobile Phone, BPL Students, Eligibility, Documents, Official Website, Helpline Number, Last Date
The Manipur Free Smartphone Scheme has been launched by the education minister of the state. The main idea of the state government is to offer free smartphones to BPL students of higher secondary classes that would help them in education. The announcement was made on 12th September, 2021 by S Rajen Singh. Read on to know more about other relevant details of the scheme that would help in applying for the same.
Manipur Free Smartphone (e-Support) Scheme 2021
|Name of the scheme||Manipur Free Smartphone Scheme|
|Other Name||Manipur e-Support Scheme|
|Target people||BPL higher secondary students|
|launched by||S Rajen Singh, Chief Minister of Manipur|
|Benefit||Free smartphone to BPL students of class 11th and 12th|
|launched under||Manipur State government|
|Objective of scheme||Offer smartphone free of cost|
|Application date||Yet to declare|
|Last date||Not yet declared|
|Announcement Date||12th September, 2021|
Manipur Free Smartphone (e-Support) Scheme Features
- Idea of the scheme – The state government has mainly come up with the above said scheme.
- Main objective of the scheme – State authorities have realized that BPL students aren’t getting suitable facilities to study for higher education and unable to join online classes. It is mainly due to the pandemic situation.
- Students of government schools – The students studying in 45 government schools in Manipur are eligible to register for the scheme and get smartphones to be used for educational purposes.
- Number of students – Education minister has declared that the number of government school students have risen from 26000 to 36000 this year.
State government is trying to improve the standard of the educational institution for the betterment of the students. Moreover, the government run schools have been started with higher secondary classes for offering better education to the students.
Manipur Free Smartphone (e-Support) Scheme Eligibility
- Residential details – Applicant should be a native of Manipur to be eligible for the scheme and get the phones.
- Study in government school – Students studying in government or government aided schools are eligible to register for the scheme.
- Income of family – The annual family income should not be more than 2 lakhs per annum to be suitable for the scheme.
- Education qualification – The applicant should clear all examinations without any backlogs to be eligible for the scheme.
Manipur Free Smartphone (e-Support) Scheme Documents
- Residential details – The candidate should produce suitable residential details to justify that they are the natives of the state and get the scheme benefits.
- Contact details – Give correct mobile number details along with address proof to send the mobile phone to residences of eligible candidates.
- Education details – The candidate need to furnish mark sheet and other relevant educational details at the time of registering for the scheme.
- Identification proof – As identification proof, you need to furnish Aadhar card, passport size photograph, voter Id card and equivalent as justification that you are eligible for the scheme.
The registration details should be completed online with correct details and applicants do not have to visit any official department to submit the application form.
Manipur Free Smartphone (e-Support) Scheme Purpose
The main purpose of launching the scheme is to help the BPL students study well for their higher secondary classes. The higher state authorities have invited online registration for it via its official portal. The candidates need to go through the mentioned guidelines and apply for the scheme online.
The registration for the scheme has been invited online but the date of starting it has not been declared. As soon as it comes up, the beneficiaries would be the first to know about it and apply online accordingly to get the smartphones. The latest updates regarding the scheme will be given on the website of the scheme and the candidates need to follow it for future details.
How to Apply Online for Free Smartphone (e-Support) Scheme in Manipur
- The applicants need to visit the official portal and opt for the register option
- Now, the applicant need to fill up the details in the application form and give correct details such as name, date of birth, gender, name of parents, district and the like options
- This is the first step and the details will be scrutinized by higher authorities before the student is considered eligible for the scheme
- After reviewing, you can click on the submit option that would complete the procedure of application registration online
- Following this, the candidate will get unique registration number which is unique for each candidate and it will be given after submitting the details
- For completing the second step, the applicant will be given login password in the registered mobile number via SMS
- Use the password and fill up the rest of details such as address, income details, academic details and category of applicant
- Now, in this set, you need to upload latest passport size photo with mark sheet of class 10th
- If a candidate is eligible after scrutiny, the smartphone will be delivered to the candidate to their respective home by end of 2021
However, the candidate gets a chance to review the submitted application in the second step and it is important for the final submission. After the second step, there will be no more chance to edit the submitted application form details.
Manipur Free Smartphone (e-Support) Scheme Districts Selected
There are a total of 16 districts selected for the scheme and are given in the following part
- Imphal East
- Imphal West
Q : What do you understand about the Manipur Free Smartphone Scheme?
Ans : Offer free smartphone to BPL students.
Q : Who is the target group of the Manipur e-Support Scheme?
Ans : BPL students of 11th and 12th standard.
Q : Who has launched the Manipur Free Smartphone (e-Support) Scheme?
Ans : Manipur Chief Minister, S Rajen Singh.
Q : What is the Benefit to Offer under the Manipur Free Smartphone (e-Support) Scheme?
Ans : Give smartphone for online classes to higher secondary students.
Q : What is the Official Portal of the Manipur Free Smartphone Scheme?
Ans : eservicesmanipur.gov.in/eda/
Other Links –